CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

waiting

psalm 27:14
14 wait on the Lord;
be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart;
wait, i say, on the Lord!


the meaning of "wait" here isn't a lazy, passive waiting, but rather an active stepping back, handing over our current issues to God, and wait for his will to come to pass through us! His timing is perfect! i love it whenever i start to get stressed, or get a little unhappy with how things are going in my life, and the minute i change my mindset and focus on Jesus i get stronger. stronger in him and stronger in my faith. waiting for something only makes it better when it finally arrives! that's why i want to wait on God's timing and not my own because i always want something premature or too late. but God is so good! he'll make us wait for him to speak, seek him out, and in the meantime we get a stronger love connection with him. whatever God has in store for me--whether it be what classes i take at school, where i live next year, what job{s} i get over the summer, who my friends are, my future boyfriend and then husband, etc.--i know it will be great. and frankly, i'm not in any hurry. i'm going to lean back, study his word, get to know him more through prayer, and well....simply wait.

<3>

6 comments:

Robert said...

good word!

Amanda said...

I love your growing relationship with Jesus, boldness in sharing what's on your heart, and freedom and patience in the Lord! I love you so much twin! Thank you for sharing everything God is sharing with you...you bless me. <3

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love that!!! I choose to wait on the Lord for healing and be joyful while I wait!!

Emily said...

yes, waiting can be so tough. I'm reminded often of God's perfect timing and plans for my life. Every time I start to worry about how something will work out, I remember that no amount of worrying is going to do anything for me and *no matter how much I mess up, God's plan will still happen*. That gives me so much peace about everything in life.

Cass ;-) said...

Hi, you don't know me...but i am also a strong christian and this post really spoke to me. its good to hear that from another young person. May God bless you for ministering to me in an unexpected way.

Carol said...

I love you my daughter ~ and am very proud of who you are in CHRIST and allowing HIM to be manifested in and through you to all those HE draws unto you.

HE is magnifying what has been "silent" in you. HE is able to release LIFE and HIS LOVE through you in this way with your blog. Your personality is a part of that~ Keep being who you "are"! There are friends and family who would LOVE to hear what you have to say and how you express yourself. Kimberly, JESUS LOVES you.<3 Love Mom