CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

rpi at night

my friend billy and i wanted to go out shooting for a few weeks now and last night we were able to get together. we went up to his school {RPI}, and walked all over campus getting some cool shots. unfortunately, my camera is not that great with taking night pictures, but here are some of the better ones {i still need to figure out how to work the iso and the other functions---i rely too much on the automatic workings of the camera}. some are blurry from the camera and/or myself, and one or two are because i intentionally added the soft focus feature with picasa.

foot print
billy
here i used the soft focus feature



there is some soft focus here too
i had to climb up on the window to take this

stairs

in a garage on campus
on the roof
billy again
the bridge on campus

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these turned out very well! Low ISO will give you less "noise", no flash is preferred - which it looks like you used only available light - and that will call for long shutter speeds. I set my aperture to what depth of field I want to achieve, I don't shoot wide open at night all the time for the sake of letting in a lot of light. To me, getting the right depth of field with aperture makes up for the hassle of a tripod.

Great shots, all! :)
Keep it up.